Privacy and Cookies Policy
Teamvine is strongly committed to protecting your privacy and complying with your choices. You will be in complete control of all data relating to yourself. ; Personal and non-personal data and information collected are safeguarded according to the highest privacy and data protection standards adopted worldwide, the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA) and the UK General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We strive to make you feel safe when we collect or share your data, and therefore, we want to be transparent on how we collect, use, share and store the information about you and the choices available to you as the data subject.
2. Collection and usage of personal data
The personal data collected by Teamvine can be divided into the following categories:
- Category A: Personally identifiable information such as name, email address, and organisation;
Category A information is used to ensure that only authorised persons are accessing the software and contacting users. Users will be contacted with service messages required to access the application (for example, we will send access codes via email).
- Category B: In-Game information such as clicks made, time played, games played, success rates;
Category B information is anonymised and is used to improve Teamvine software. We have a reasonable interest in understanding how users are using our games to improve them accordingly.
- Category C: Information gathered from feedback surveys.
Category C information is used to improve Teamvine products and services and publish insights into Teamvine solutions’ efficacy. As a leader in experiential learning, we seek to benefit our members and the general public by sharing insights into human and team behaviour that is gathered through our software. In the cases where this material is shared with the public, it will be fully anonymised.
- Category D: Information gathered from the Website.
Category D information is data captured on the Teamvine Website (rather than the Portal or desktop application) which users enter by filling in a form. This will be the contact information and stored securely on Teamvine’s CRM system.
3. Retention of personal data
4. The Basis for processing your data
When you provide your personal information, you consent that it can be used for the above purposes and that Teamvine is an authorised holder of the personal information. Where reasonably possible, we will always ask you to expressly provide your consent. If for any reason, we are unable to ask for consent, we will process the personal data based on our contract with you. Finally, we may process personal data based on our legitimate interest.
a. Functional cookies
We use mandatory cookies for site usability. Functional cookies are used to remember your preferences and details and for security purposes.
b. Analytics cookies
Analytics cookies are used to collect information about how our users navigate our Website and Portal. For example, we can track how long users stay on certain pages and which parts of the Portal and/or Website they visit. We use the information gathered by analytics cookies in aggregated form, which means the information cannot be traced to a single individual.
Our Google Analytics tracking cookies are:
- ga (cookie used to distinguish individual users on your domain, expires after 2 years)
- _gid (cookie used to distinguish individual users on your domain, expires after 24 hours)
- _gat (cookie used to limit the amount of user requests in order to maintain your website’s performance, expires after 1 minute)
- AMP_TOKEN (cookie containing a unique ID assigned to each user on your domain, expires between30 seconds and 1 year)
- _gac_<property-id> (cookie containing a unique ID that makes Google Analytics and Ads work together, expires after 90 days)
Our Google Analytics tracking is set to anonymise IP’s by default.
You can set your browser to inform you as soon as you receive a cookie or deactivate cookies. This might mean that our Website may not function optimally.
We insist on not processing any personal data of children under the age of 16, unless this is explicitly consented to by a parent or legal guardian. However, as it is hard to detect whether we are doing so, we strongly encourage you to inform us if you have reason to believe we process the personal data of a minor. We will delete this personal data immediately upon notification.
7. Which parties have access to your data?
Within Teamvine, our employees, contractors, agents and directors have access to personal data, but only to the extent necessary to properly perform their individual tasks.
Teamvine only shares personal information with third parties if it is necessary to serve the applicable purpose as set out above. When a third party processes your data, this is only possible according to the instructions of Teamvine. They, therefore, act as our data processor. In all cases, we will ensure that third parties with access to your personal information have implemented appropriate technical and organisational measures to maintain our intended level of privacy and security. We will conclude the necessary agreement with the data processor(s), whereby we include obligations to ensure that your data is only processed so that the data processor can fulfil their duty to provide services to us.
Under these conditions, the following third parties will have access to your data:
- Payment service providers such as Stripe
- Customer Relationship Management service providers such as Zoho
In all other cases, your personal information will not be provided to third parties unless required by law. Teamvine will never sell your data.
Your personal information is stored securely at all times. We value the protection of your privacy. We have taken strong security measures to protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. We further ensure that personal data is only accessible to those specific persons who are authorised based on their function.
In addition, we have implemented measures to make your visit and use of our Website safe These measures include computer security and protected files and facilities. Your connection to our Website is protected through activation of Secure Socket Layer (SSL).
Teamvine has taken the necessary technical and organisational measures to prevent, identify, report and deal with data protection breaches. However, in the event that a data breach occurs, Teamvine will, without undue delay and where possible, not later than 72 hours after being notified, report the breach of personal data to the national Data Protection Authority.
9. Your rights
As the owner of the personal data, you have the following rights:
- Right of access: You have the right to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you to verify that we are lawfully processing the data.
- Right to correction: You may request any incomplete or incorrect information that we may have about you to be corrected or supplemented.
- Right to be “forgotten”: If there is no good reason to keep your personal information, we will stop processing. You also have the right to ask us to delete your personal information.
- Right to limit the processing of your personal data: You can submit a request not to process your personal data, either temporarily or permanently.
- Right to portability: You can submit a request to transfer your personal data to a person or institution designated by you.
- Right to object to processing: Under certain circumstances you can object to the processing of personal data altogether.
- Right to withdraw consent: You also have the right to withdraw your previously granted permission to process your personal data or to object to the processing of your personal data by Teamvine.
Every request is subject to applicable law, which means that we may have to store personal information.
If you want to exercise any of your rights as set out above, you can do so here at any time:
Our Website may display links to other websites when we believe that doing so will provide value to the viewer. Unless these other websites are affiliated with Teamvine, we are not responsible for the privacy policies that these other websites use, nor for their content and security. We advise you to inform yourself by reading the privacy policies on these websites.
Questions or comments?